Peter J. Losavio, Jr, J.D., CELA, is a member of Losavio & DeJean, LLC, where he has been practicing law for over 40 years. He is a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation – which means he is one of approximately 500 attorneys in the United States with this certification and the only Certified Elder Law Attorney in Louisiana.
Mr. Losavio received his B.S. degree and a master’s degree from Tulane University in New Orleans. He graduated from Louisiana State University Law School in Baton Rouge and received a Master of Law in Taxation from the University of Florida. He has lectured on elder law, trust and estate planning administration, and tax law.
Mr. Losavio has been selected as a Top Attorney in Louisiana and was selected for inclusion in the Louisiana Super Lawyers® list from 2010 – 2016. He is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible rating. He is also the author of the book A Louisiana Guide to Alzheimer’s Care, the co-author of the Louisiana edition of How Not To Go Broke in a Nursing Home, and co-author, with his wife, Marie, for the books You’re Not Alone Living with Alzheimer’s Disease and You’re Not Alone Living as an Alzheimer’s Caregiver..
- Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation as recognized by the ABA
- Louisiana Certified Public Accountant
- Graduate of CFP Professional Program, College for Financial Planning, Denver, Colorado
- Board-Certified Tax Law Specialist by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
- Board-Certified Estate Planning Administration Specialist by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
- Accredited legal attorney by the Department of Veteran Affairs
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Special Needs Alliance
- Academy of Special Needs Planning
- Assistant Bar Examiner appointed by the Louisiana Super Court