Tax Problem Resolution Attorneys in Baton Rouge
Resolve Your Tax Issues Today
Many people have problems with liability related to unpaid taxes owed to the Internal Revenue Service and the Louisiana State Department of Revenue. At Losavio & DeJean, LLC, The Louisiana Elder Law Firm, our goal is to help you solve your tax problems and move forward with more financial security and stability.
Discuss your situation with us today by calling (800) 835-5864. We offer complimentary phone consultations.
Finding the Right Solution to Your Situation
If you have found yourself facing mounting tax liabilities and are unsure how to handle them, rest assured that there is a way out. Our Baton Rouge tax problem resolution attorneys are committed to helping you find the right solution that meets your needs.
There are many ways to resolve tax problems, some of which include:
- Offers in compromise: An offer in compromise is an agreement between a taxpayer and the IRS that allows the taxpayer to settle their liabilities for less than what they owe. It can provide the taxpayer with a fresh start.
- Installment agreements: Installment agreements allow the taxpayer to pay off their debts in affordable monthly payments to the IRS. The IRS grants installment agreements up to 72 months.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: You may be able to eliminate (discharged) your federal income taxes in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. The basic requirements are: Taxes are income taxes, you did not commit fraud evasion concerning the taxes, the tax debt is at least 3 years old, the return for the taxes was filed at least 2 years before bankruptcy filing, income tax must have been assessed at least 240 days before you file your bankruptcy petition.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: If you cannot work out an installment agreement with the Internal Revenue Service. You may want to consider a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. A Chapter 13 Bankruptcy will allow you to repay the debt in 3 or 5 years. If the income tax debt cannot be discharged in the chapter 13 bankruptcy, the non-dischargeable tax debt must be repaid in full over the course of a 3 to 5-year payment plan
During your initial consultation, we can:
- Review strategies that can help you resolve your tax problems and protect your assets. Our law firm will make recommendations regarding your best course of action. When you retain us, we will deal with the IRS for you. You will no longer have to communicate with them.
- Review the accuracy of your tax liability to determine if calculations have been made correctly.
- Work to settle your tax obligation for less than what you owe. We will follow up and keep you informed every step of the way until your case is resolved.
- Determine if your tax liability is dischargeable in bankruptcy and recommend the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of bankruptcy that may be available to you.
Call (800) 835-5864 now to get started.
Complimentary Phone Consultation
Specialized, Experienced, and Compassionate Elder Law Attorney
Over 40 Years of Specialized Experience
Care Manager & Registered Nurse on Staff